When I Woke, ceramics in Wales

Sophie Woodrow
Taking its title from the evocative poem by Dylan Thomas, ‘When I Woke’ explores the human condition. Curated by Claire Curneen and Lowri Davies ‘When I woke’ will feature work by Sam Bakewell, Audrius Janušonis, James Page, Lina Peterson, Tamsin Van Essen and Sophie Woodrow and examine the themes of life, death, sorrow and myth as seen through the eyes of these international makers.

until the 17th of November
Dylan Thomas once claimed "I hold a beast, an angel, and a madman in me, and my enquiry is as to their working, and my problem is their subjugation and victory, downthrow and upheaval, and my effort is their self-expression"


We are delighted to present these artists of national and international standing at Llantarnam Grange Arts Centre and hope that When I Woke will challenge the viewer to engage with an idea that can stimulate passionate conversation and debate.

 




"Cancer Cell" by Tamsin van Essen.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment