Mel Robson's 5











CV: Five words that describe your work

MR: I mostly work with porcelain. Its just so clean and white and light and versatile and evocative and classic and contemporary all at the same time - and that is probably how I would also describe my work!
Lavoro principalmente con la porcellana. E' così pura, bianca, leggera, versatile, evocativa, classica e contemporanea allo stesso tempo, ed è così che descriverei il mio lavoro.


CV: What aspect of your personality is more useful in your practice?

MR: Patience. I am actually not a very patient person at all but when it comes to making my work i strangely seem to have all the patience in the world...except when it comes to firing and opening kilns....
La pazienza. A dire il vero, non sono una persona particolarmente paziente, ma nel mio lavoro stranamente sembro avere tutta la pazienza del mondo...tranne durante le cotture o quando l'apertura del forno...

CV: What is your favorite ceramic piece ever?

MR: I'm not sure I could choose just one, but I would
probably have to say anything by Gwynn Hansen Piggott (on the left, Still Life).
Non credo di poterne scegliere solo uno, ma probabilmente qualsiasi cosa di Gwynn Hansen Piggott (a sinistra, Still Life)

CV: Where do you get your inspiration from?

MR: This is always a very hard question to answer as inspiration comes from so many things and gets distilled and diluted and whirled around in the big mass of imagery and experience we are subjected to everyday. A lot of my work draws on my own family history so that is a big inspiration. I also spend a lot of time in libraries looking through old records and archives. Lots of ideas come from that.
Questa è una domanda difficile a cui rispondere dato che l'ispirazione viene da così tante cose, e viene distillata e diluita e attorcigliata ad una massa di immagini ed esperienze a cui siamo esposti ogni giorno. Molta parte del mio lavoro attinge alla mia storia familiare, è una grande fonte di ispirazione. inoltre passo molto tempo nelle bibliooteche, cercando nei registri e negli archivi. Molte idee vengono da lì.


CV: If you could chose where to live/work in the world, where would you go?

MR: aaah...I could never choose just one place! I'd like to have 6 studios on six different continents and spend my time wandering from one to the other! Is that too much to ask??!! Non potrei mai scegliere un posto solo! Mi piacerebbe avere 6 studio in ciascuno dei 6 continenti e passare il mio tempo andando da un all'altro! Chiedo troppo??!!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment